Join us from 6pm Wednesday 19th August for a talk by Amy of Magic Rock Brewing with a chance to sample their range of fantastic biers.
Inspired by local brewing traditions and the vibrant US craft beer scene, Magic Rock Brewing is the culmination of a lifelong passion for beer. Richard Burhouse (aided by head brewer Stuart Ross) started the brewery in 2011 in an old out-building of the family business (an importer of crystals and natural gifts) in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire.
Alongside a distinctive core range they produce an ever changing line up of idiosyncratic beers with an innovative quality driven approach. Their ‘Same but Different’ beers are packed with intense yet approachable flavours which will challenge and inspire, but above all remain balanced and drinkable.
- What Are The Odds – 8.3% DDH DIPA: A double dry-hopped bier with double the flavour with mango and citrus on the nose, followed by a big tropically fruity, full mouthfeel.
- Highwire Grapefruit – 5.5% Grapefruit Pale: High Wire Grapefruit is a fruit-infused version of Magic Rock’s best-selling West Coast pale ale, with the addition of 100% natural pink grapefruit flavour. Juicy, tart and deliciously refreshing.
- Simple Mission – 4.3% Peach, Sorrell & Vanilla Berliner Weisse: Simple Mission, a peach, sorrel and vanilla Berliner Weisse is as zesty and zingy as it gets, sour soft peach juice followed by a mind citrus tang, balanced with a vanilla sweetness.
- Ripe Times – 6.5% DDH NEIPA: A well balanced and juicy double dry hopped New England IPA that packs a big soft body filled with notes of grapefruit, mango and tropical fruit roundness. B
- Salty Kiss – 4.1% Gooseberry Gose: Flavoured with Gooseberry, Sea buckthorn and sea salt, this beer is tart, lightly sour and fruity. Refreshing with a defined saltiness and makes an excellent accompaniment to food. A great introduction to sour beer.